Friday, August 2, 2013

The Best

I feel like there is this little part deep inside me that is content with the present and excited, hopeful, and optimistic about the future. It's just bogged down by regret and wishing for things and hating myself.
That being said, I would like to share my last couple of days with everyone, because they were great.

On Thursday, Jake came over which would have made the day by itself. But he had told me we were going on a date and wouldn't tell me where. So, he shows up looking absolutely lovely and takes me to walk around downtown Ann Arbor. We went in a bunch of vintage/hipster/vintage shops and the bomb-assest 7/11 I've ever been in, as well as a two story CVS. We found another, better record store where we both found a bunch of things we liked and ended up buying a Mono vinyl (for him) and a Young the Giant vinyl (for me). We ended the  with Five Guys burgers and fries. After we got back, we listened to the aforementioned vinyls in the hot tub room and took a walk, all while having serious conversations about our lives. The next day we went to Ypsi, walked around EMU campus and took pictures. We got Subway on the way home and watched Dexter before he had to leave for work.

That all may not sound remarkable to you, but I haven't been that happy for that solid amount of time in a very long time. It was so nice.

I love you.

1 comment:

Jake Maynard said...

I love you so much, Paige. Thank you for sharing such a nice couple of days with me.