Monday, September 8, 2008

Waking up to Your 80 Year Old Self

I don't feel like doing word of the post anymore. I didn't even use my last one in the post. But nobody caught that, because nobody pays attention to blogs anymore. I know we are busier now, but, people, take it from your hypocrtical princess of blog (a.k.a. Me, a.k.a Paige,a.k.a. yours truly, a.k.a. Moi, a.k.a. Pinot, a.k.a. Gugenheim), post. Read. Comment. Don't lose touch with this virtual blogtopia we call Blogger.com. Please. I beg of you.

Anyway, in lieu of the word of the post, I will do...song of the post. Whatever I am listening to at the moment that I type the "song of the post" section, that is what I will put down.



Song of the Post: Long Road to Ruin...Foo Fighters


Hey, even though I'm not doing words of the post anymore, ya wanna know a really fun word? Well, frankly, I don't care if you do. Don't read it if you don't care!!! But it's cosmopolite. It's the word of the day on dictionary.com, and it means someone who is at home anywhere they go; a citizen of the world.


You know how they say that you start learning about yourself more as you grow up? Well, until fairly recently, I though that was a bunch of bull-scheiße. I always thought, how ridiculous is it to say that someone doesn't know who they are? Of course I know who I am. Who knows me better than myself? It turns out, I was wrong. I don't know myself almost at all. So, I am going to document the facts that I learn about myself in this very blog. Yeah, yeah, that's conceded and self-centered, but who is the one that is choosing to sit here and read this self-centered and conceded blog? Hmm? Riddle me that, grasshoppa!

Fact #1: I have a seemingly unquenchable thirst for knowledge and experience.
I want to learn so many things, acquire so many skills, do so many things, that it doesn't seem like I'll have time in my life to do it all.

I heard the cutest thing I have ever heard in my life. I'm not exaggerating. You almost definitely won't find it as adorable as I do, but I am going to share it with you anyway. This is a small interview with Tokio Hotel on the eve of the VMAs (OMG I WAS SO PROUD OF TH, THEY WON BEST NEW ARTIST. I WAS SO PSYCHED OUT OF MY MIND. I AM SO UNBELIEVABLY HAPPY FOR THEM! GOOD JOB, GUYS!) and the way Bill says "skittles" makes my heart absolutely melt. Watch if you like.

http://buzzworthy.mtv.com/2008/09/07/tokio-hotel-gets-loud-and-dangerous-in-the-paramount-parking-lot/

This Thursday I have a meeting after school about the French Competition. I am really looking forward to it. It is just an informational meeting about the competition/field trip. What I already know is that you prepare something for the judges; either reciting a memorized poem in French, performing a French skit, participating in the group play, pulling a topic out of a hat and talking about it in French for a couple minutes, or doing a written test. You go with other French students and stay in a hotel for two nights and have a banquet dinner. If I go, I would like to do the poem and the group play. You get a rating for whatever you do. Sounds expensive, but I didn't get to go on the eighth grade field trip, so I am going to fundraise and whatever else I can to go!

Also along those lines, today in Theater we had to decide if we wanted to do our act for Showcase. Showcase is where you perform to see if you can go to districts, which is also preparing a piece (mine is a bit of a play with three other girls) fopr judges and getting a rating.


Well, now that I have bored you all to death I am about to throw myself into my homework and start writing the letter to my principal requesting the return of the much loved German classes at good old North Port High School. Alrighty then, okay then, buh bye, buh bye now! Oh yeah, and I still really need help with my dillema from the last post. (See intro paragraph of "I Hate Wrestling")

2 comments:

Nelly said...

Why don't you talk to your principal first, then ask if you can have a table at lunch to gather support? Make posters around the table so people come to YOU to sign the petition. Once you get more comfortable, then you can ask other people.

If you ask the principal first, s/he might say no. However, all you do is say, "I am interested in taking German. I feel like there is a lot of interest amongst the student body. Can I have a table at lunch to see if I am right? Also, if enough people want to take German, is it possible to get it back here at NPHS?

Maybe you write the letter first?

I know I'm a horrible blogger... but I'm just SO tired!

Osgoodbaby said...

people who have tables are way cooler than those who have petitions.

:)