Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I've Been Waiting For This Moment All My Life, But It's Not Quite Right

So I just now decided that I am going to find song lyrics that actually have to do with the post from now on to use as my titles. This one kind of goes with the last one more though.

Song: Lazy Eye...Silversun Pickups

This song is really good. I'm in love with it right now.

So, remember a while back when I said that if I learn things about myself I'll make sure to put them on here? Well, if you don't, I did, and I am. Going to do that. o_O

I used to feel very self centered about it, but you know, I started thinking, why do I do this blog? So people can read it. My readers, or former readers, are my friends and family. They must read this because they like me, to whatever degree. If they don't like me, they'll stop reading this, because it's all about me. ALL ABOUT ME, I SAY! And what's wrong with that? I write my thoughts so they're here, for you to read them if you so wish, and largely for me to read them back when I am older. I want to see how I was, and if I changed a lot, and how I changed, and blah blah blah. Right now I'm young, and this blog, in ways, is a document of my youth. I want to remember this, I want to be able to think back to this. Youth is trying to find yourself, and I think maybe this will help me with it. Which brings me to that fact I was talking about...

Fact: I go through a lot of phases. Lots (maybe even most) people do. It's okay! It's fine that one minute I want tripp pants and purple streaks and the next I want floral dresses and dreads. I used to try to resist these chaging phases, try to stay with one and be the most concentrated version of whatever I was trying to be at the moment, and not deviate. But you know what? Not anymore. This is me declaring that no more will I cling to the bank. I WILL go with the flow. If I am into something at the moment, I will not try to deny myself of it because I am trying to be something else. I pledge to fully fully embrace and love my phases, and to let them go when the time comes for a new one!

AMEN HALLELUJAH!!

:D


In other news, I have to be here until 5:30 even though we got out at 12 ish today. We took the Plan test, which is a gauge of how well you'll do on the ACT test. I don't think I did very well, but I'm actually very glad I got to take it because now I know what to work on (timing! I am SO SLOW) and what it's like. It isn't too bad, thankfully.

Now I have to wait around school until 3, when rehearsal starts. After that, going to the movies with Derek. After that, chem and AP. :(

P.S. I found a good title for this one. Stop Making Plans, Start Making Sense.

No comments: